Monday, June 06, 2011

More new talent on YouTube

To my surprise, my previous post on new talent on YouTube was quite popular. I don't go looking for new videos but browsing around, something on the right side of the screen would catch my eye and down that rabbit hole I would go. I find myself listening more and more to covers by these new talent. Not because they come out with a good imitation but rather because they have put in their own spin on these songs. More often than not, they put their heart and soul in these songs.
Most of these songs are also acoustic which is quite pleasing. I am tired of the whole auto-tuning scene and producers bent on trying to fill in every second of the song with music. So these are some of the new talent I have been listening to on YouTube.
Boyce Avenue consists of Daniel, Alejandro and Fabian. They are quite successful in their own right and are touring. They have studio songs out on iTunes but their strengths is in acoustic renditions of popular songs. I especially like their cover of Back For Good by Take That and How to Save a life by the Fray.
Barely in her teens, Maddi Jane is blessed with a strong voice that projects well without breaking. Yet it's her heartful rendition of Adele's Rolling in the Deep with her nuances in her delivery that stands out. I like Adele (she reminds me of Alison Moyet) but She also does well with songs that are not known to be played acoustic. Maddi sings and ends Price Tag by Jesse J. with her own flair and style.

Maddi has been on Ellen and is going to be force to be reckon with if the number of views on her YouTube channel is any indication.

Jayesslee is a pair of Australian twins, Janice and Sonia. Ethnically Korean, both girls can sings as well play instruments. Their videos sometimes end in funny skits and I think it shows off their fun side. Definitely different and talented. I would like to end this post with my favorite YouTube talent, Say Chance singing the Fleetwood Mac classic, Landslides.

If you reached this far, below is my playlist listing a few songs from the singers above.

No comments :